Picture Courtesy: https://www.google.co.in/
Wedding invitation play an important role. We have written about several things while choosing your wedding card. Several important things go in selecting a wedding invitation card. This blog would focus on the possible professionalization that can happen with a card. So when you go to your favorite card designer it’s important to know what you can ask for while getting a suitable design for your card.
Following is a list of things you can personalize while getting your card done.
- The text.
- Background images.
- Image seals.
- Add on items
- Carry bags.
- RSVP cards.
- Address labels.
Keep these things in mind and you are on your way to getting the perfect wedding card design. In case you need any help on doing the same never forget to write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Never buy ethnic dress from malls.
- Buy smartly, if possible shop in advance when there is a Sale. This will be good for suite & blazers. Find places where you get dresses at best prices.
- Try to shop in multiple days rather than finishing on one day.
- Don’t buy cheap stuff, buy quality dresses at reasonable prices.
- For a budget wedding, keep the wedding feast as simple as possible. The wedding feast is exclusively arranged for the guests. The trick is a delicious feast instead of a 7 course buffet.
- Rather than approaching a catering service who charges you a bomb, Go for an awesome good domestic cook and find people to serve the food. This will save you lot of money.
- As we said earlier, rather than keeping feasts followed by each ritual you can arrange a single feast after the grant wedding ceremony for the guests arrived.
- If you want to keep the budget really low then limit number of people for wedding and arrange for a tea party which can be a reception after wedding, which will save you a lot. This is practical when it comes to a court wedding or wedding where budget is low.
- In case of register marriage and court marriages you can arrange a small post wedding feast/party for the family and close friends.
- If you have planned for a Buffet, then plan the menu wisely, organize the items properly & assign people to monitor/serve the food to reduce wastage.
- In any Feast, Menu items should be decided wisely. Wisely in a way that prefer Items made from easily available vegetables, non-vegetables. Do not opt for something costly or something which is not easily available according to the season.
Whatever we wrote above are some of the common ways to reduce cost. They are based on our research, experiences and our ideas. We never said dream weddings are impossible. We got our resources to make any wedding a dream wedding. We have our own ways of doing this. We know how to make an awesome feast at a reasonable cost. If you are interested, we will be happy to help you. Write to us at email@example.com
Picture courtesy- http://www.google.com
The shopaholic is back from theknotstory. Well it was the last month that a close one decided to get married! And who do you think would have hopped on the shopping responsibility?? No prizes for guessing mah’ name! Don’t even get to think what my name is! Okay aren’t we drifting from the title a wee bit?
The marriage is incomplete without its ring! The engagement and in some cases the wedding band! This is a lifelong investment! This ring remains with you till the grave they say. Choosing on your engagement ring can be really catchy. But if done with the utmost care and love makes your loved one happy! In my case I still regret not being able to have the ring I always wanted :() I sincerely hope my husband takes a hint n gets me that ring 😉 ;))
I am personally always curious if a person chose his or her own ring or it was someone else s choice. This does not have to be a traumatizing experience. I can imagine how difficult it is for a guy to choose a pair of jeans leave alone a perfect engagement ring! But no fear theknotstory is here! This entire process can be very easy; all you need to do is get your basics right and co-ordinate with your spouse!
You should know:
- What you will be asked for when you go shopping: When you go to the store the shop keeper might ask you to few things and if you appear clueless chances are he might totally fool you or you might get something which similar but not what you intended to by! So research thoroughly on few words BAND, SETTING, GEMSTONE, 4 C’s (cut, clarity, carat, color of the GEMSTONE), COST. (We will be doing separate posts on each of the characteristic )
- Your budget: This is the most important thing while shopping anything for that matter. If you know your budget things become easy for you and the salesperson. He knows what to show you and you have limited options to choose from avoiding excess confusion. Also avoiding any temptation to spend extra is always good during your wedding shopping. Because everything you shop for is of equal priority. Also refrain yourself from the very famous line “A man should save 3 months of his salary saved to buy the perfect engagement ring”. All that matters is that you buy a ring in your budget that is loved by you to be fiancé!
- Your fiancé’s choice: The thought of surprising your spouse with the ring is a very tempting thought, but a very risky one at that. So better to know what he/she likes to avoid any kind of awkward situations. And always better to avoid any kind of exchanges, returns or adjustments. Always remember the ring stays with you always. So take him/her along with you or just be smart and gauge what they want. Trust me even they want to tell you what is his/her choice 😛 😛 You could ask their friend to take them to a ring store just for fun and know exactly what they want. Just in case always check the return policy of the store if surprising is on your mind!
- The right Jeweler: The ring, the diamond and the gold is something which the naked eye cannot tell if pure or not. So ask around friends to get an idea of good Jewel stores. Experimenting while buying wedding ring is not really a good idea. Also look for store suiting your budget to avoid disappointment over looking at stuff you cannot afford. Online shopping on legitimate website like the Bluenile or Bluestone or Suratdiamond might be a good idea. It’s a great deal if you like a little less trying on for a reasonably good discount. Also look for jewelers who custom design your engagement ring.
- The perfect engagement ring: The perfect engagement ring is the ring which suits the style, persona and taste of your fiancé. The ring should be big enough to pass through her work place and not too small that the visibility is an issue! Also check for the design that does not get stuck in the clothes or even scratches your face.
- Buy certified engagement ring: Always look for certified rings as the certification by your jeweler is really not reliable. So before you pull out your credit card ensure the certificate is right.
Last but not the least enjoy every bit of your wedding. For any assistance email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
xoxo ~~ Theknotstory
Décor is an important part of any wedding. As much as the wedding venue gets importance there is one other thing that is important while decorating. The Wedding getaway car!!
You can decorate the wedding car in so many innovative ways these days. The wedding car decoration these days is taken seriously and the car can be decorated as per the theme of the wedding. You can arrange a car that is suitable to the couple and meets their requirements. Often the car is used is owned by the family. But there are some people who like to make it big. So renting an exclusive limo or a vintage is very commonly seen these days. Some like it extravagant while some like it simple and elegant. If you believe in spending on fresh flowers go for those extensive flower decorations which can be done on the same day since the fresh look of the flower matter. And if you want to experiment a little, there are wedding planners who design exclusive car decorations for the wedding car. I personally do not like flowers on the wedding car and feel balloons or ribbons or minimal flower usage is better as your entire wedding venue is full of them! Why not just spare the car! But then that’s me!
Coming back to wedding car decoration! I have some of my favorite wedding cars put up below. You are free to refer the ideas and make that hole in your pocket as big as you want to!
Just make sure you go to the experts or you might regret the scratches on your car!
- Plan, organize and assign people to handle guests.
- Handing the guests a small welcome kit which include an explanation about the wedding rituals & ceremonies.
- Plan a vacation & marriage itinerary for the guests if they are interested. ( you may not have enough time to do this, in that case guide them with the appropriate contacts who can help them )
- A small food menu for every guest entering the Feast can also be done, there by helping them to plan the meal 😉 😉
For any assistance email us at email@example.com
Image courtesy: http://www.google.com
We believe you have read our previous post on Guest Management, In case if you haven’t, here it is http://wp.me/p2T1CS-cB Second part of Guest Management is Accommodation & Conveyance for guests. We wrote about the initial part, which involves preparing guest list & inviting, that is just the beginning. We always like to give you smart tips on how to manage accommodation & transportation for the guests. Read on.
Here is what we suggest:
The very basic thing for doing this is to create a list of guests who are going to arrive for the wedding in advance and also how they are arriving. For this, we need to get RSVP’s of people which need to be collected using RSVP’s email confirmation, Facebook event or Wedding Site or a Phone call. Try to get the itineraries of the guests so that it will be easy to plan and manage guest pick up. Prior to this, accommodation arrangement need to be done for guests, if you are getting both the confirmation early it will be better. Booking in advance will save some money and reduce the last-minute confusion seen in getting accommodations. This happens when weddings are planned at some tourist locations or places of some significance like holy places etc.
Once we have the accommodation arrangements and transportation arrangements done, it will be good to do a follow-up on both a week before marriage just check on everything. After this, the pickup of guests should be sorted out with vehicles assigned to the pick up as per number of guests. Guest pick up need to be managed by one person and assisted by another to ease the job & cross check. This should be assigned to someone from family or someone who knows the guests arriving. If this is not possible, the driver should be provided with Name Placards of the respective guests to be picked up. One of the family members should be in the hotels/apartments to welcome the guests who are coming in. Guest list should be updated with the people who arrived, who are yet to arrive by coordinating with the person who is going for picking up.
For maximum attention and interaction with guests, it will be good if the guest accommodation and host accommodation is in the same place or nearby place at least. The day guests arrive; invite them for a private gathering which will act as an ice-breaking session too. This can be mapped to the mehandi/sangeet function where all ladies come and get their hands decorated with Mehandi. Apart from this, if the guests are interested in a vacation and wedding, then we at TheKnotstory can get you good packages for the same.
- Try to book the accommodation at minimum distance from the Wedding venue to avoid unnecessary delays and also reduce the transportation. Best if guest accommodation is done at the same place where wedding happens.( Not feasible always though)
- Always keep someone in charge to welcome, manage guests, this gives a homely feeling for guests.
- Plan some small entertainment/sightseeing program for guests.
- Last but not the least, keep buffer time, back up of people & vehicle which can be utilized in case of last-minute surprises.
Plan, Organize, Manage your weddings anywhere, when in doubt we at Theknotstory are here.