We come back with an article on planning! Sorry about the delay guys! But we were caught up on attending some amazing weddings and getting more info for you guys! And we made sure it was a work only trip 😉
The Wedding is the most memorable Day in a person’s life. The word Life comes to meaning after wedding. Wedding involves lots of preparations also. Unlike other occasions, weddings are more sensitive towards an auspicious moment (Muhurth) for tying the knot and significant time of the day for each and every ritual as per Astrologer’s calculations. These are applicable to traditional Indian weddings. Now-a-days families have become liberal towards certain things though.
Below are some important things which need to be taken care of for setting up a Wedding.
Phase 1 – 6months (if more divide it wisely) before wedding.
1) Horoscope match: Traditional arranged marriages start with horoscope matching need done with the help of an expert astrologer. As per the horoscope match, the family normally decides whether to go ahead with the marriage or not, anyways this is not a compulsory thing now days.
2) Ring Exchange or an Engagement
3) Date and time for the auspicious moment to be decided with the help of an astrologer.
4) Pre wedding Plan
a. Marriage Functions – Sangeet or Mehndi, Cocktail, Marriage, Reception etc
b. Marriage Invitations – Budgeting, Design,Content
c. Guest List for all the functions.
d. Venues to be decided. (for the respective functions)
e. Food, transportation and other things to be decided.
f. Budgeting for Ornaments and couture for the bride and groom.
Phase 2 – 5months before Wedding
1) Wedding Card Finalizing and printing.
2) Venues for the respective functions to be booked.
3) Food, transportation and other necessary arrangements to be made.
4) Shopping – Hunt for the right dress – Bride and Groom. Designing/Stitching to be taken care at this point.
5) Checking out for the Ornaments for the bride
Phase 3 – 3 Months before wedding
1) Sending out the invites for the wedding.
2) Book the necessary ornaments. (Safer than keeping at home)
3) Bride and grooms houses maintenance if any, to be done by now.
4) Creation of a Wedding website, Wedding registry.
Phase 4- 2months before wedding
1) Wedding website should be ready and e-invites should be sent out.
2) Honeymoon plan to be finalized and bookings to be done.
3) Bride and groom – shopping to be complete.
4) Shopping for the family members to be done.
5) Hospitality arrangements for hosts to be done.
Phase 5- Days before Wedding
1) Check each and every list and make sure everything in phase 1 is taken care of.
2) Check and make sure that adequate arrangements have been done for staying of guests.
3) Purchase the items needed for rituals and puja’s.
4) Cross check and verify the transport arranged for wedding.
5) Cross check and verify Caterer and Venues.
6) Cross check and verify ever other bookings done.
7) Bookings to be done with Beautician.
Final Preparations: 3days before Finale
1) Decorating Bride/groom’s house.
2) Arrangement for decorating the vehicle to be used by Bride and groom.
3) Assigning duties to necessary people regarding transportation and hospitality.
4) Giving responsibilities to necessary people regarding food and venue.
5) Ironing the necessary clothes.
6) Pre-Wedding grooming to be done.
The Day – The royal Indian Wedding:
Relax, look fresh, bright and happy as you are about to begin your knotstory. Cherish the moment and make it memorable throughout the life.
We thought of sharing a small story about how “US” evolved from “U n I”. “I” comes from an ” Individual ” . Now Don’t you try to think this is related to apple or any of its products ;-). It’s about you and us. All of us!
Let me break this flowchart for you guys, this ain’t no Davinci code, We are talking about family and individuals. As I told earlier, “I” for Individual and “US” for family. How “I” forms “US”?? duh! like you don’t know that 😛 . Generations before us, something called evolution happened and we the humans resulted. Our ancestors, their ancestors and so on. All of us are “I”’s, we take decisions to start living for the future and choose a suitable partner. We decide to live with this partner with or without (as in some cases) the consent of our parents. This is supposed to happen as a holy communion in front of your family, friends and God as witness. This Holy Communion is named “Marriage”; the beginning of a new meaningful relationship till eternity.
Marriage ain’t the end of an individual or “I” in short, I like to call it a new phase, “US”. After marriage, family life of “I” starts. Sooner or later, the “I”‘s form a new “I” (of-course the new born baby) and thus “US” is a new family.. The number of members of the new “US” family may increase with more “I”s, and soon the “US” family will become the complete family.
Marriage changes an individual in many possible ways. Once married a person always thinks about his/her partner and the family. Then comes responsibility and living life meaningfully. The meaning of love and relationships will be learnt through the ongoing process called Living life. Without a Family, none of us might have born. Family completes a person, which makes the word ‘Happy’, meaningful and ‘world’, beautiful, innovative, humane and evolving.
A meaningful knot keeping your friends, relatives, parents and the Almighty as witness, A promise that you will take care of each other, a moment which should remain in everyone’s life as “The Most Memorable Moment”, A Moment when the word Family comes into existence in your life and the moment which makes your ancestor’s happy about you for carrying on the legacy of living happily as a family.
“Theknotstory” is here to share our experience and hear from you more about the moment you want to remember the most, the moment you want to begin living as “US” from being an “I” and also to help you guys and girls make your plan easy for any phase of your life by our assistance. Thereby giving you more time to live with your family/loved ones rather than running around and asking questions and waiting for answers. For contacting us all you need to do is open your browser while you sit there watching TV maybe and there you go! You are one step closer to your solution!
We are here to answer all possible questions about setting up and planning your life, but questions about your life and living it cannot be given by us or in fact anyone, it’s you who can find answer to those questions by living the life meaningfully.