The shopaholic is back from theknotstory. Well it was the last month that a close one decided to get married! And who do you think would have hopped on the shopping responsibility?? No prizes for guessing mah’ name! Don’t even get to think what my name is! Okay aren’t we drifting from the title a wee bit?
The marriage is incomplete without its ring! The engagement and in some cases the wedding band! This is a lifelong investment! This ring remains with you till the grave they say. Choosing on your engagement ring can be really catchy. But if done with the utmost care and love makes your loved one happy! In my case I still regret not being able to have the ring I always wanted :() I sincerely hope my husband takes a hint n gets me that ring 😉 ;))
I am personally always curious if a person chose his or her own ring or it was someone else s choice. This does not have to be a traumatizing experience. I can imagine how difficult it is for a guy to choose a pair of jeans leave alone a perfect engagement ring! But no fear theknotstory is here! This entire process can be very easy; all you need to do is get your basics right and co-ordinate with your spouse!
You should know:
- What you will be asked for when you go shopping: When you go to the store the shop keeper might ask you to few things and if you appear clueless chances are he might totally fool you or you might get something which similar but not what you intended to by! So research thoroughly on few words BAND, SETTING, GEMSTONE, 4 C’s (cut, clarity, carat, color of the GEMSTONE), COST. (We will be doing separate posts on each of the characteristic )
- Your budget: This is the most important thing while shopping anything for that matter. If you know your budget things become easy for you and the salesperson. He knows what to show you and you have limited options to choose from avoiding excess confusion. Also avoiding any temptation to spend extra is always good during your wedding shopping. Because everything you shop for is of equal priority. Also refrain yourself from the very famous line “A man should save 3 months of his salary saved to buy the perfect engagement ring”. All that matters is that you buy a ring in your budget that is loved by you to be fiancé!
- Your fiancé’s choice: The thought of surprising your spouse with the ring is a very tempting thought, but a very risky one at that. So better to know what he/she likes to avoid any kind of awkward situations. And always better to avoid any kind of exchanges, returns or adjustments. Always remember the ring stays with you always. So take him/her along with you or just be smart and gauge what they want. Trust me even they want to tell you what is his/her choice 😛 😛 You could ask their friend to take them to a ring store just for fun and know exactly what they want. Just in case always check the return policy of the store if surprising is on your mind!
- The right Jeweler: The ring, the diamond and the gold is something which the naked eye cannot tell if pure or not. So ask around friends to get an idea of good Jewel stores. Experimenting while buying wedding ring is not really a good idea. Also look for store suiting your budget to avoid disappointment over looking at stuff you cannot afford. Online shopping on legitimate website like the Bluenile or Bluestone or Suratdiamond might be a good idea. It’s a great deal if you like a little less trying on for a reasonably good discount. Also look for jewelers who custom design your engagement ring.
- The perfect engagement ring: The perfect engagement ring is the ring which suits the style, persona and taste of your fiancé. The ring should be big enough to pass through her work place and not too small that the visibility is an issue! Also check for the design that does not get stuck in the clothes or even scratches your face.
- Buy certified engagement ring: Always look for certified rings as the certification by your jeweler is really not reliable. So before you pull out your credit card ensure the certificate is right.
Last but not the least enjoy every bit of your wedding. For any assistance email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
xoxo ~~ Theknotstory